Imagine this you are trying to send a message to your boss at work that you cannot make it to the office, but an error displays that your message cannot be sent. And now your boss is mad at you for skipping work. Or you were sent an invitation to your best friend’s wedding but you didn’t receive it and as a result, missed the wedding. Bad, right? That’s what I thought. Sending and receiving email errors are the most common errors in Outlook. But you can easily resolve them with the following solutions.
Ensure Internet Connection
First, I will recommend after seeing the sending and receiving email error on your Outlook, to check if you are connected to the internet or not. Second, check the speed of your internet. You might not be able to send or receive any emails if you don’t have an internet connection or the one you have is slow. To check if you have connected your device to the internet or not, follow these steps:
- Open a web browser on your device
- Type any website address into the address bar and then press the ‘Enter’ key on your keyboard
- If the site is accessible, it means your device is connected to the internet.
Fix your Outlook Email Account Settings
Your internet speed might be high but still, you are facing Outlook sending and receiving email errors. Then you have to correct the configuration settings of your Outlook email. Here’s how:
- Open your Outlook and log in
- Next, go to the “File” menu
- Click on “Account Settings” in the “Info” bar
- Click on the “Change” tab within the “Account Settings” window
- Next, click on “Outgoing Server” in the “More Settings” tab
- Click the checkbox which is before My outgoing server (SMTP) requires authentication
- Also, click on the checkbox of Log on to incoming server before sending mail
- Now, click on the “OK” tab and “Finish” button
Uninstall/disable Antivirus Software
In fact, the Outlook sending and receiving email error occurs in your device when there your system has any antivirus installed. Any third-party antivirus program can prevent you from sending or receiving emails in Outlook. Solve this by disabling the antivirus program temporarily and try using Outlook to send or receive emails. Once you have fixed the problem and updated your inbox. You can enable the antivirus software again to protect your device.
Check and delete Suspicious Emails
Outlook sending and receiving email errors can also occur due to some suspicious messages that spammers sent to your inbox. So, check those suspicious spam emails and delete them immediately if you find any. By deleting the suspicious email, you will be able to send or receive emails with no errors. Furthermore, if this doesn’t help, you have to clear your whole Outlook mail. Because when you have lots of mail stored in your inbox, sending and receiving email errors can occur.
After you have tried all of these solutions, there are chances that you will be solve the sending and receiving email error.