Search Engine Optimization
SEO (Search Engine Optimisation) is the practice of optimizing a website or webpage to increase the quantity and quality of its traffic from a search engine’s organic results.
This technique helps your site rank higher than the millions of other sites in response to certain keywords when searched. Furthermore, the search engine system collects information about every page on the web and can help people find exactly what they are looking for.
But how do you optimize your content for SEO, and what “ranking factors” actually matter?
To answer that, we first need to understand how search engines work.
How Search Engine Works
In digital age, search engines are similar to libraries. Rather than storing copies of books, they keep copies of web pages. When you enter a search query into a search engine, it searches all of the pages in its index for the most relevant results.
It accomplishes this through the use of a computer programme known as an algorithm.
Search engines works through three primary functions:
How to Optimize For Google
Google ranks web pages, not websites.
You can rank for different keywords and topics with different pages. Let’s talk about some of the things that that affects rankings and search engine visibility.
Google uses several ways to discover new content on the web, but the primary method is crawling. Crawling is where Google follows links on the pages they already know about to those they haven’t seen before. To do this, they use a computer program called a Spider.
Why SEO is Important ?
- RANKING AND VISIBILITY: Users are more likely to choose one of the top five options presented by a search engine while looking for a service or product online. SEO helps you rank higher in search results and gain greater online visibility, increasing the likelihood that potential customers will visit your site and convert.
WEB TRAFFIC: To put it another way, if potential buyers can’t locate your website, you’re missing out on sales. SEO enhances organic search engine traffic, which increases the amount of daily visits to your page.
GROWTH: There’s no denying that SEO is critical to your company’s growth. As previously said, the higher you rank on a search engine for a range of high-volume keywords, the more organic (as opposed to paid) online traffic your site will receive.
What are the main elements of SEO?
- On-Page SEO: On-site SEO refers to the changes that should be made to your website’s content to make it more search engine friendly. When it comes to search engine optimization, you want to indicate to search engines in a variety of ways what the website is about.
- Off-page SEO: You’ll work with your website’s structure, SEO keywords, internal links, image alt attributes, and other tactics to aid search engines in analysing and evaluating your content.
- Keywords: Keywords are still important for your website’s search engine rating, even if they aren’t the only SEO approach that matters. When we talk about keywords, we’re talking about the particular words and phrases that potential customers use to search for information online.
- Content: The content you develop and distribute on your website is critical to reaching and engaging your target audience. If you run a window treatment company, like our customer ABC Blind & Drapery, we’d recommend writing a series of posts about different sorts of window coverings, from modern window treatments to smart home automation through motorised blinds, and so on.